Project Status: License Withdrawn By Applicant: September 1, 2015
- 2/21/2008 - Application for Certification (AFC) filed
- 4/16/2008 - Commission accepts AFC as "data adequate."
- 2/2/2009 - Commission staff releases Preliminary Staff Assessment.
- 6/2/2009 - Commission staff releases Final Staff Assessment.
- 11/10/2009 - Committee releases Presiding Member's Proposed Decision.
- 12/16/2009 - Commission approves Application for Certification.
La información en español
- PROYECTO ENERGÉTICO AVENAL (08-AFC-1C) Extensión del Período de Comentarios Públicos hasta el 8 de diciembre 2014 para el Análisis Personal de la Petición de Prórrogar el Inicio de la Construcción de Nueve (9) Meses
General Description of Project
Project Description Currently Unavailable.
Energy Commission Facility Certification Process
The California Energy Commission is the lead agency (for licensing thermal power plants 50 megawatts and larger) under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and has a certified regulatory program under CEQA. Under its certified program, the Energy Commission is exempt from having to prepare an environmental impact report. Its certified program, however, does require environmental analysis of the project, including an analysis of alternatives and mitigation measures to minimize any significant adverse effect the project may have on the environment.
For Questions about this Certification Proceeding Contact:
Project Has Been Withdrawn, No Project Manager Assigned
For Questions About Public Participation In Certification Proceedings Contact:
California Energy Commission
1516 Ninth Street, MS-12 Sacramento, CA 95814
Toll-Free in California: 1-800-822-6228
News Media Please Contact:
Media & Public Communications Office
e-Commenting & e-Filing have been closed. Please use the Compliance Section above.
Legacy Notices Page
(No Longer Updated)
Legacy Documents Page
(No Longer Updated)
Avenal List Serve
Automated Email Notifications