Weekly Fuels Watch Report
Search for current and historical weekly data on refinery production and output in California. In addition, search the California Energy Commission-produced annual review of the Weekly Fuels Watch Report that date to 1999. This information is available using the Energy Commission’s Petroleum Industry Information Reporting Act (PIIRA) data.
Data is reviewed by:
- Comparing the weekly fuel production numbers for the previous week and the previous year, and calculating the percentage of difference.
- Numbers are based on reports from California refineries and are subject to refinery revision and verification from the Energy Commission. Reports are posted weekly on Wednesday or Thursday by 5:00 p.m., timing is determined by verification of data.
- Historical inventory figures for the week ending 8/19/05 include data previously reported only on a monthly basis. This new data will now be included. Comparisons of current inventories to historical values may show an increase.
Disclaimer: Diesel production and inventory historic information prior to 2019 contains errors. Staff are working to update historical Weekly Fuels Watch reports. Please be aware data that is currently available on the website may not be consistent with data that was on the website prior to February 2020.
Use pull-down menu to select a year and a month, and click search.
The weekly dates are listed by year, month and date (i.e. 961219) to correspond with date entries in our database.
For an annual review of the Weekly Fuels Watch Report, you can download MS Excel files for each of the last few years.
- 2019 Weekly Fuels Watch Report
- 2018 Weekly Fuels Watch Report
- 2017 Weekly Fuels Watch Report
- 2016 Weekly Fuels Watch Report
- 2015 Weekly Fuels Watch Report
- 2014 Weekly Fuels Watch Report
- Archived Weekly Fuels Watch Report - Starting from 1999
Members of the news media should contact:
Media & Public Communications Office
To get e-mail updates when the Weekly Fuels Watch Report has been posted, enter information below completely: